Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Planet Nexus - the world of innovative forum networking.

You are currently orbiting in guest-mode, and that is OK with us. :cool: You do not have to join Planet Nexus to create a page on the NexusTree. Subscribers immediately become a part of our dynamic networking engine for message boards (which includes extras like NexChat, Members Online Today, the NexLike Reputation system, Blurb and Live Sig options). The Nexus System is free and open to anyone with a ZetaBoards, InvisionFree, zIFBoards or Jcink community! Learn more about Nexus System registration HERE. The process is quick and easy. You can be up and Nexworking in only a few minutes!

Get your own leaf on the NexusTree >> Posted Image << Sign up Today!

In order to access our Nexus support system you will need to register a personal Planet Nexus forum account. An account on Planet Nexus allows you to test our IRC-style NexChat and NexLike features and fully participate on the powerful NexusTree. You'll be able to rate communities, leave comments, become fans, and swing through the tree to discover the content of many different boards in a vast array of genres.

Register a Planet Nexus personal account! Or login below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What is your most popular section?; Community building discussion
Topic Started: Wednesday Aug 24 2016, 01:53 PM (1,331 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
on an obscure beach on Planet Nexus....

I thought I'd post this topic get a little admin discussion going that might be helpful to our community members in strategizing their own layouts and priorities.

So if you would like to respond, please tell us what is the most popular/active section on your board, and in your opinion, what factors make it the go-to forum for your community members?

Go. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image
:deviantart:

Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably the General Discussion and games, at times the NZ section sees a bit of posting, as does the US history now it's up and running..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.

Jane
Member Avatar
Fan of the walking dead.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Usually the general section. People seem to,like asking everyone what they had for dinner etc. Its on a lot of other forums Im on as well...so I thought, why not lol.

The games section isnt doing too bad I suppose.

Trying to get people to,post about things other than the weather is a tough one though. :lol:

I had hoped the ladies section would prove more,popular than it has....gues it just cant compete with the weather! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shall keep,plodding along though. :)
Monsters are real and ghosts are reall too. They live inside us and sometimes they win."

Stephen King.

Posted Image

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Foxy One

My site's sections work a little differently since it is a creative writing roleplaying site.

The Basics: this section is for information about the site and what we are about, setting information, lists and collectives of information. It's entirely shut off to player (user) replies or threads minus character submission.

Fort Zephyr, Outer Fort Zephyr, and The World of Dracadia: these sections are for active role play. Though Fort Zephyr and Outer Fort Zephyr see more use than The World of Dracadia, they each serve a purpose of indicating other places within the world or where most characters exist.

Lessons and Training: This contains lots of active threads which are posted up about twice a month and players (users) are required to post at least once in each thread. It's active but for entirely different purposes than the rest of the forum.

Each category has seen a few forums that were not used or not used enough, and were eventually condensed down into a different one that served a similar enough purpose. It helped cut down on clutter and the big one here; a forum section that is not used enough (or at all), makes your site look like it's not active on a scan through. Getting rid of them tidies up my site and helps make us look as active as we can.

Helena
Member Avatar
on an obscure beach on Planet Nexus....

Do any of you find that the most popular section has changed as you go along?

I'm happy to say that when we started out with Nexus, the support forums were hopping.

These days, the most active thing on here is the Random Comments thread. :)

Not a bad change. :) Since that means the system is working pretty well for most.

But then, this is forum is not meant to function as a community as much as be available for nexus support.

Posted Image

Posted Image
:deviantart:

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
I guess any thread people can moan in about something will always be used, I started a couple of slightly different threads, one was gun control, the other about all the massacres, both saw quite a few comments, basically saying the government should be doing more and so on, so maybe threads like that are a good idea seeing they get peoples thoughts and feelings about certain issues even if they are having a gripe as well..

Venom
Member Avatar
Tis Only Me
[ *  *  *  * ]
Our Graphics section is the most popular on mine.
The Friendly Bunch Forums
A Great Community Board For Everyone. All Welcome!!

Spice
Member Avatar
Intermixus
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't make it so big that members have to spend a lot of time of the forum. I post 3 articles of interest a day. They love seeing the amazing picture thread so that is popular. Games I keep to a dozen and that includes both smilie and word games.

I forgot to add that I absolutely dislike those questions. You know the ones. What's for dinner. How many times did you fart today. What a flipping waste of time. You can encourage people to incorporate that in a general chat about your day thread.
Edited by Spice, Friday Sep 16 2016, 12:43 PM.
Spice's Coffee House
Love is a bond that death cannot part. Gone from my arms but still held in my heart. - John Mark Greem

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
I notice a few forums have games? like 'count to 100' or 'smile', so everyone counts to 100 or posts a smile emote, I fail to see the point of such threads myself, they seem totally meaningless and a waste of space..

Bry.
Member Avatar
Schmooziland
[ * ]
For mine, it's primarily the "General Talk" and "Member Interviews" sections that get a good amount of activity going on, more so for the latter because, AMAs are the best :P
Posted Image
The spiritual successor of TLW.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion & Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: