Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Planet Nexus - the world of innovative forum networking.

You are currently orbiting in guest-mode, and that is OK with us. :cool: You do not have to join Planet Nexus to create a page on the NexusTree. Subscribers immediately become a part of our dynamic networking engine for message boards (which includes extras like NexChat, Members Online Today, the NexLike Reputation system, Blurb and Live Sig options). The Nexus System is free and open to anyone with a ZetaBoards, InvisionFree, zIFBoards or Jcink community! Learn more about Nexus System registration HERE. The process is quick and easy. You can be up and Nexworking in only a few minutes!

Get your own leaf on the NexusTree >> Posted Image << Sign up Today!

In order to access our Nexus support system you will need to register a personal Planet Nexus forum account. An account on Planet Nexus allows you to test our IRC-style NexChat and NexLike features and fully participate on the powerful NexusTree. You'll be able to rate communities, leave comments, become fans, and swing through the tree to discover the content of many different boards in a vast array of genres.

Register a Planet Nexus personal account! Or login below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
NexLike Reputation system is out of Beta!
Topic Started: Thursday Nov 2 2017, 09:32 AM (958 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
on an obscure beach on Planet Nexus....

Thanks to all our subscriber boards who have tested the NexLike Reputation system while it has been in beta development. Your feedback has been helpful.

Archer has been on the move and resolved a few long standing issues and has added even more customization options. What a guy!

So what does the NexLike reputation system do?

Our reputation system allows the members of Nexus subscriber boards to register Likes and Dislikes in real time on each other's posts. The information is deposited in the post itself, in the members' profile as a running total, and on a stats section Leaderboard. Your stats are safely recorded in our system database and do not reset periodically as some other systems do. We are excited about the new features that make this system the most easily customizable Like system available.

The system comes with a complete default setup, but here is the fun part-- You can customize your boards Reputation system on its own settings page in the NexusCP:
  • Name your buttons whatever you like: Thanks, Points, Agree, Vote Up, Props, etc
  • Choose your own icon to replace the default ones provided in the posting area.
  • Choose your own icon to head the stats leaderboard display
  • Choose what you name the profile field that displays the members total points. This name will also be the name of your leaderboard display.
  • Toggle your leaderboard of if you don't wish to display it.
  • Hide the dislike button if desired.
  • Use the button class designation to customize your button for different themes.

There could be more goodies to come, so try it out, and stay tuned. :)

If you encounter any issues, please add them to this topic:
http://forums.planetnexus.net/topic/7006679/
Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spice
Member Avatar
Intermixus
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes indeed, skyon archer is the man!
Spice's Coffee House
Love is a bond that death cannot part. Gone from my arms but still held in my heart. - John Mark Greem

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!

Everyone needs to know that the display of the Leaderboard on the main index page, inside the Board Statistics, is set to OFF by default. This means you will have to log into the Nexus CP, click on NexLike in the left hand menu and then turn ON the Leaderboard to have it displayed on your index page.
Useful Stuff
Posted Image
Links to my websites and much more!
http://skyonarcher.com
Simple Hosting Plan
~ Unlimited Disc Space
~ Unlimited Bandwidth
~ 1 Website Hosted
~ Hepsia Control Panel
~ 30-day Free Trial
~ FREE Domain Name
only $3.25 /mo
Order Now - More Info

Spice
Member Avatar
Intermixus
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes sir!
Spice's Coffee House
Love is a bond that death cannot part. Gone from my arms but still held in my heart. - John Mark Greem

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!

Update to NexLike code has been published. NexMOT (Members Online Today) and NexChat (Chatroom) were turned to OFF, or to not display, on everyone. Please log into your Nexus CP and adjust your settings accordingly.

In advance, let me apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Useful Stuff
Posted Image
Links to my websites and much more!
http://skyonarcher.com
Simple Hosting Plan
~ Unlimited Disc Space
~ Unlimited Bandwidth
~ 1 Website Hosted
~ Hepsia Control Panel
~ 30-day Free Trial
~ FREE Domain Name
only $3.25 /mo
Order Now - More Info

Spice
Member Avatar
Intermixus
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah I wondered why I had to go back in and turn it on.
Spice's Coffee House

Helena
Member Avatar

A bulk email has been sent out to all Planet Nexus accounts, so hopefully others won't have to wonder what happened when they log in and see Nexus stuff missing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
:deviantart:

zbug
Member Avatar
Schmooziland
[ * ]
so in the future will we be able to like our own posts?

Helena
Member Avatar

That is not a planned feature. I'm curious why you would wish it to be?
Posted Image

Posted Image
:deviantart:

zbug
Member Avatar
Schmooziland
[ * ]
Helena
Thursday Nov 9 2017, 08:47 AM
That is not a planned feature. I'm curious why you would wish it to be?
Lnl uses the like system as an approval system. For example i post the person application in the council thread then i would like the post to show i would like them in... then other council members would then like the post to see if he or she passes with approval of 5 council members

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Planet Nexus News · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: