Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Planet Nexus - the world of innovative forum networking.

You are currently orbiting in guest-mode, and that is OK with us. :cool: You do not have to join Planet Nexus to create a page on the NexusTree. Subscribers immediately become a part of our dynamic networking engine for message boards (which includes extras like NexChat, Members Online Today, the NexLike Reputation system, Blurb and Live Sig options). The Nexus System is free and open to anyone with a ZetaBoards, InvisionFree, zIFBoards or Jcink community! Learn more about Nexus System registration HERE. The process is quick and easy. You can be up and Nexworking in only a few minutes!

Get your own leaf on the NexusTree >> Posted Image << Sign up Today!

In order to access our Nexus support system you will need to register a personal Planet Nexus forum account. An account on Planet Nexus allows you to test our IRC-style NexChat and NexLike features and fully participate on the powerful NexusTree. You'll be able to rate communities, leave comments, become fans, and swing through the tree to discover the content of many different boards in a vast array of genres.

Register a Planet Nexus personal account! Or login below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tapatalk migration starting
Topic Started: Monday Jul 9 2018, 09:59 PM (124 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
on an obscure beach on Planet Nexus....

From an email received today by board owners:

Quote:

We will start by importing the sites with 10,000 posts or above. It’ll cause a few minutes maintenance down time on your site. The scheduled importing will mostly happen after midnight PST so to bring the least interruption to your site.

Boards with the following conditions will not be imported at this time.

Boards with JS customizations. We are in the process of finalizing the JS implementation on Tapatalk Groups.
Boards with Name conflict with the exiting Tapatalk Groups.
Boards that allow multi-profiles per user account. i.e. same email address with multiple usernames.
Boards with Custom Domains.

Since PN fits several of the exceptions, we will will not be in the first wave of conversions even though we have 10K+ posts. But this may affect some subscribers, so posting to help spread the word.
Online Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not sure how I'll get on either, although there's almost 145,000 posts now.. Maybe some of the codes I have in the board template might save me for a while.. I do wonder why they can't leave zeta forums as is and just have new sites go onto Tapatalk, I know I'd prefer it that way..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.
Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
Keeper of the knowledge . . . all of it!

It's going to happen and as a user of their free service, you are going along for the ride :(
Useful Stuff
Posted Image
Links to my websites and much more!
http://skyonarcher.com
Simple Hosting Plan
~ Unlimited Disc Space
~ Unlimited Bandwidth
~ 1 Website Hosted
~ Hepsia Control Panel
~ 30-day Free Trial
~ FREE Domain Name
only $3.25 /mo
Order Now - More Info

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
Yes, unfortunately.. I'd prefer to keep using zeta software myself, at least I know it and it's not to bad, it'll take this old fella a while to figure things out once it happens I think, this oldy is slow on the uptake with new software.. :(
Weird, I've not long got an email from some guy named Chris, the strange thing is he only emailed to say my site would "disappear" if it wasn't converted with all the others, I'm still trying to figure out why I was emailed just to get told that.. :S
Edited by SandyC, Wednesday Jul 11 2018, 11:25 PM.

Helena
Member Avatar

Can you post a quote of that email?

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
Hi Sandy,

Zetaboard servers will be turned off once all forums have migrated. If we don't migrate your forum, it will disappear when the zetaboard servers are turned off.

Chris
Tapatalk Support

I'm not sure why he's telling me something I'd pretty much figured out myself, I'm wondering if he read here and saw that I said it was a pity we couldn't continue on zeta software? :S At that rate he'd have been snooping round to get my email address too, whether from my profile on my site or here..

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
Who is this idiot Chris? I got the following from him late yesterday afternoon without any prompting on my part..

What is the link to your board please?

Are you looking for a real migration, or a test migration?

Chris
Tapatalk Support

Helena
Member Avatar

Chris is one of the admins at the Tapatalk support board.

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
How old is he, do you know? He comes across as really young, late teens or early 20's..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Planet Nexus News · Next Topic »
Add Reply