Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Planet Nexus - the world of innovative forum networking.

You are currently orbiting in guest-mode, and that is OK with us. :cool: You do not have to join Planet Nexus to create a page on the NexusTree. Subscribers immediately become a part of our dynamic networking engine for message boards (which includes extras like NexChat, Members Online Today, the NexLike Reputation system, Blurb and Live Sig options). The Nexus System is free and open to anyone with a ZetaBoards, InvisionFree, zIFBoards or Jcink community! Learn more about Nexus System registration HERE. The process is quick and easy. You can be up and Nexworking in only a few minutes!

Get your own leaf on the NexusTree >> Posted Image << Sign up Today!

In order to access our Nexus support system you will need to register a personal Planet Nexus forum account. An account on Planet Nexus allows you to test our IRC-style NexChat and NexLike features and fully participate on the powerful NexusTree. You'll be able to rate communities, leave comments, become fans, and swing through the tree to discover the content of many different boards in a vast array of genres.

Register a Planet Nexus personal account! Or login below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Privacy issue on the Tapatalk preview board for PN
Topic Started: Tuesday Jul 31 2018, 02:02 PM (130 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
on an obscure beach on Planet Nexus....

There is a privacy issue with Tapatalk preview boards that users should be aware of. This has been reported and is supposed to be fixed. But for now, your private information could be displaying on the web.

The issue is that birthday information that has been selected to be hidden displays on the public member profile page. You may wish to log into the preview board and change your profile information if it is an issue for you.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/planetnexus/index.php
Offline Member Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It seems to me there's more than privacy probs at Tapatalk, I heard that staff could delete posts on member sites if they don't like them, even if the posts are in the staff sections, which of course are hidden from members, IF it is the case, then so much for free speech or having an opinion..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.

Helena
Member Avatar

There is a lot of fear mongering going around. Any forum host has the ability to do that (we all agreed to various terms of service on registration), but you don't see them doing it. I haven't seen any reports of that actually happening with Tapatalk boards yet.

The problem I posted about is real, and if you have used your real birthday in your profile and don't want it hanging out there, then you have the opportunity to fix that now as explained above.

Helena
Member Avatar

Note that blogs will not transfer with the migration. If you have blog entries you wish to keep, now is the time to make a copy.

SandyC
Member Avatar
Amalgamatia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Luckily I only ever put the day and month of my birthday as viewable I think, that is unless someone knows how to get into the system and find out the year..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Planet Nexus News · Next Topic »
Add Reply